|Events & Classes
To list your event, email:
Note: Event listings
must be accompanied by a contact name and phone number or e-mail.
Bobby Bovenzi •
Raven Ritcey •
Jim Copeman •
Trevor Salloum •
The Rippers •
Yamabiko Taiko •
:: Shake Your Soul Drum Weekend :: Jun 9-10 :: Kelowna
Kelowna Arts Council is proud to partner with Davina and friends to bring you this creative weekend of interactive workshops in drumming, Native flute, African dance, and more! Discover your rhythmic self through dance and percussion in a natural environment with Bobby Bovenzi, Jim Copeman, Ivy Braff, and others.
Enjoy a musical community, develop skills, awaken curiosity and playfulness, and inspire vibrant health through creative expression. All skill levels welcome. 16 years and up. Camping available – bring your tent. Showers and bathrooms on site. $10 one time camping fee. Bring your own food. Potluck dinners on both Saturday and Sunday. Come for the day or the whole weekend!
- Early Bird price: $60/day or $120/weekend; After May 10: $70/day or $140/weekend
- Weekend registrants will receive an entry for a draw for a Temple Block percussion instrument!
- Dates & times: June 9 @ 9:30 am - June 10 @ 7:00 pm
- Location: Camp Dunlop, 5325 Lakeshore.
- Jim Copeman will be facilitating workshops on 'Frame Drums' and 'Native Flute'.
Bobby Bovenzi on Djembe, vocal improv and more!
- To register a, more details or to discuss financial consideration (e.g., group/family rates) contact Davina at:
:: Yamabiko Taiko Performances this spring! :: Kelowna, BC
Yamabiko Taiko performs Japanese Taiko Drumming for the Fat Cat Festival in Kelowna.
For more info about Yamabiko Taiko, visit their web site: www.yamabikotaiko.ca
- Date: Saturday June 9
- Location: Tugboat Bay, Kelowna, BC
- Time: 3:00 pm
- For a description and schedule of the event, see the Fat Cat website.
:: Nankama Drum & Dance :: Classes :: Penticton :: 2018
Nankama performs throughout the Okanagan, providing performances in African Drum and Dance. In addition, Nankama can provide interactive drum circles with audience participation, including you and your group.
West African Drumming - Instructor: Bobby Bovenzi
- A typical session will begin with a warm up and technique instruction for the beginners. We will learn drumming techniques and traditional West African Rhythms on Djembe and Dunun stick drums. Dance lessons will be available specific to the rhythms being taught each month. There will also be opportunities to rehearse with our performing troupe and then perform at various events throughout the Okanagan Valley.
- Thursdays 7 - 9 pm starting Mar 1 until July 26th. (Note: no class on May 17th)
- Cost: Drop-in fee $15
- Loaner drums are available for the drumless.
- Location: Concordia Lutheran Church, 2800 South Main St.
- Canada Day Celebrations, Gyro Park, Penticton, BC. Date/Time: July 1 at 10 am (free event)
- Summerland, BC, Concert Series Date/Time: July 11 from 6:30-8:15 pm
- Naramata Market, Date/Time: July 25 from 3-6 pm.
- Penticton, BC, Day, Gyro Park: Date/time: Aug 6 at 10 am.
For more information on these events, visit www.nankama.com or email
:: Feel the Rhythm Weekly Drum Circles with Jim Copeman :: Kelowna
- Feel The Rhythm Community Drum Circle is now in its tenth year at the Rotary Centre for the Arts in Kelowna. We welcome everyone who wants to participate in recreational drumming regardless of experience. Our intent is to be inclusive and we welcome anyone who wants to experience the energy of group drumming.
- Every Wednesday, 7-9 pm, at the Rotary Centre for the Arts in Kelowna
- Drop-in fee: $10. Some drums are provided.
- Jim Copeman, drum circle facilitator for Feel The Rhythm Drum Circles and world fusion percussionist, hosts this event.
- Please contact Jim for more info at 250.763.1017 or 250.808.3110 or,
:: Kamloops Drum Connection :: Kamloops
- Drum Circles - Djembe Django, Kamloops Drum Connection Beatniks, and Ujamma are facilitated by Raven
- Drum Circles include intention setting, drum skills, rhythm sharing, jamming fun, songs, hand held percussion, and vocals.
- Djembe Django and the K.D.C. Beatniks meet most Mondays from 6:30 - 8 pm during Sept to June. Drum circle dates and random outside drum times are listed on Facebook.
- Phone for the venue. 250.318.0963 The drum is calling you!
- Information: Kamloops Drum Connection on Facebook and KamloopsDrumConnection.com. These sites contain info on dates, djembe basics, drum circles, events, lessons, and performances.
- Raven is a teacher & facilitator. Raven’s quest is to introduce people to drumming, to uplift spirits, invigorate the body and mind, and have people “djembe django” together.
- Email Raven and join the Kamloops Drum Connection E Mail List to find out what’s up and coming. All are welcome to be a drum buddy!
- Raven guarantees success; djembe rhythms and lesson skills are easy to remember, resource sheets are given, and phone, email contact, and review continues. Students learn about music and how to be part of a drum community. Lessons are also available through Skype.
- Contact Raven to book lessons, facilitation, percussion experiences, & entertainment by Djembe Django at : 250.318.0963 or